Cold steel carbon v trailmaster dating speed dating brampton ontario
He incurred financial losses doing so, as Wester & Co was able to produce the knives at a lower cost.
Elsener was on the verge of bankruptcy when, in 1896, he developed an improved knife, intended for the use by officers, with tools attached on both sides of the handle using a special spring mechanism, allowing him to use the same spring to hold them in place.
This company was later acquired by its then general manager, Théodore Wenger, and renamed the Wenger Company.
In 1908 the Swiss government, wanting to prevent an issue over regional favouritism, but perhaps wanting a bit of competition in hopes of lowering prices, split the contract with Victorinox and Wenger, each getting half of the orders placed.
is a pocketknife or multi-tool manufactured by Victorinox (and up to 2005 also by Wenger SA).
With slight modifications, this is still the company logo.
During the late 1880s, the Swiss Army decided to purchase a new folding pocket knife for their soldiers.
This knife was to be suitable for use by the army in opening canned food and disassembling the Swiss service rifle, the Schmidt–Rubin, which required a screwdriver for assembly.
They further elaborated that an assortment of items from the Wenger line-up will remain in production under the Victorinox brand name.
Wenger's US headquarters will be merged with Victorinox's location in Monroe, Connecticut.